- 250 gm regular ricotta cheese from Bright Cow
- 160 gm sugar
- 2 large eggs (Grade A)
- 60gm salted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 g lemon zest, finely grated
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 150ml Bright Cow Fresh Jersey Milk
- 300 gm self raising flour
- 5 gm baking powder
- 2 gm baking soda
For Streusel & Fruit:
- 150 gm Self raising flour
- 150 gm Caster sugar
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- 90 gm salted butter (melted)
- 370 gm fresh or thawed, frozen strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 175 C and place a parchment paper at the bottom of 10 inch pan.
- Whisk the ricotta, sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, milk lemon zest and juice together.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add this to the ricotta mixture and stir just until blended. Spread this in the prepared pan.
- For the streusel, stir the flour, sugar and cinnamon together and then stir in the butter and lightly combine it until it become coarsely texture.
- Sprinkle the strawberry over the ricotta cake (if using thawed frozen berries, drain excess juices and toss the berries with 2 tbsp of flour) and top the fruit with the streusel.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan, before serving.
Thank you Chef Syirin Said for sharing this awesome recipe inspired by the famous pastry chef, Anna Olson.
According to Syirin, this cake can be kept wrapped with plastic cling wrap and unrefrigerated, for 3 days.